Monday, October 28, 2013

I live here: My House in rural Japan

copy morning fog


If three months in the foggy mountains of rural Japan wont inspire me to write, I’m not sure what will.

Sounds like a good excuse to join the National Novel Writing Month and pledging to write 50,000 words in 30 days?

In an ambitious goal, especially for an undisciplined soul such as myself, but after all, if I’m going to call myself a writer, at some point, I have to write.

And what better place to embark on such a challenge than my rustic cottage tucked deep in the velvet green forests of western Honshu.

And speaking of my rustic digs, its about time we take a tour of the place that is going to be my writing fortress for the next month. 


house collage small house collage 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gambia: Photo Diaries from the City

Although I flew into Banjul, I spent very little time there. Most of my time 'in the city' was actually spent in Banjul's sprawl...